Tuesday, July 05, 2011

To Remind Myself

Matthew 6:
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
   28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I really needed to remind myself of this right now.  I have such an issue with worrying!  What should I be eating/avoiding to be healthy?  What should I wear?  Why don't I have any NICE clothes?

I'm realizing more and more lately that I tend to turn to the internet for answers on everything.  I mean, google is a great tool.  But when I am constantly searching online, instead of spending time in God's Word, then what benefit is it to me?  I seriously need to bust my online habits.

Yesterday I read a post on Women Living Well that was a huge challenge to me.  I actually was just going to ignore it, but I find that I really need it.  I encourage you to check it out.  Courtney from Women Living Well is logging all of her online time this week.  I might just have to do the same.  Can I break this habit?  I pray that I will.  It's got to stop! 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sheila said...

For the most part I think this whole online business is a destructive habit for a lot of people, including myself. For the most part I try to avoid people's blogs, and am trying to spend less time on facebook and refuse to get into twitter and whatever else there is out there including texting. One of the ugliest things out there is seeing people texting nonstop on their phones. It just disgusts me.
Do people really care about other people's blogs and facebook status'. I doubt it. So not important. At least you recognize the fact that you have an issue with spending too much time online. That's a huge first step.

Stacey said...

Yeah, I'm not into twitter and just ask my sister in law, I'm no texter, lol. But I still have issues with being online. There is just way too much fun stuff to discover! Recipes, crafts, encouraging blogs, etc. But I'm finding that it isn't the stuff that makes my life full, or joyful, or rewarding. That's why I want to change.

Jennifer said...

I try to limit my time online to when my kiddos are asleep. I'm not on FB(never have-never will), don't twitter or text. I like how much info I can get from being online (friends blogs, kid related info, health concerns, weather, news and more) but make sure to watch how much time I spend on the web. I wouldn't want to be known as a computer nerd! He he! In all seriousness, I think it is important to watch how much time we spend on any sort of hobby if it starts to take away from our relationship with God or our families. All the best as you work out a balance!

eva said...

I hear ya on this one, Stacey!