Monday, August 08, 2011

July at the Friesen Residence

July.  It's a crazy month around the Friesen house!  I guess it started out with Rowan being out of school, and just trying to adjust to having all three kids together all day.  That made for a bit of extra fighting.  OK... A LOT of extra fighting.  At least for a while.  They seem to have settled into vacation mode now, though I could really use some tips for the annoying sibling stuff, you know, the "he hit me" "well she said she was going to hit me!"...etc etc etc.  I'm trying to not let it get to me, but it's kinda grating on my nerves.

Oh look!  A picture of me :)  A rare occurrence.
Canada Day was spent as a family, enjoying the great outdoors.  We spent a night in the valley at my Auntie Anna & Uncle Glen's cabin.  The kids had a blast, and it was great to just get out as a family.  We don't do that often enough.

We made our breakfast in the woodstove, roasted our lunch over the campfire, went for a walk in the bush (I had 4 ticks, ICK!) and also a ride behind the quad.


The second weekend of July, we celebrated Keith's brother-in-law Darren's 25th birthday.  We all met at a park and enjoyed the sunshine.  The kids had a blast playing at a different playground than usual, and we all enjoyed the time spent together.
On the 15th, we went as a family to visit Keith's parents.  Keith, Emery, and I stayed just til Saturday afternoon.  We left Rowan and Bria there for the week, and headed home!  I know the kids had an awesome time, and we got to hear some hilarious stories when they came home the following Saturday.  Emery kept me busy as she REALLY missed having her siblings around.  She didn't know what to do with herself, and I got the brunt of her sadness and confusion.  She sure was happy to see them when the arrived!

So Rowan and Bria were gone from July 15-23.... during which time Rowan turned 6.  Yup, my big boy was away from home for his birthday!  It was a very strange feeling to not celebrate the day with him, but I know he had a great birthday with his Grandparents.

Since my Mother-in-law's birthday was the 25th, and Bria's was the 30th, we had a big party at our place when the kids got home on the 23rd.  I loved hosting Keith's whole family for the day :)  We don't get to do that very often.

My Dad also had his birthday in July, but they weren't home at the time either, so we never really celebrated at all.  It's been a crazy busy month!

During the week that the kids were gone, I was actually surprisingly busy.  I went to a training session to be an enumerator for the Provincial election (I'm just a sub, so I haven't done anything yet).  I also had an appointment to prepare for dental surgery next Monday.  I'm definitely NOT looking forward to that!  I'm getting all four wisdom teeth, plus one other molar, pulled.

Oh, and hey, did I forget to mention that Keith and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on the 26th?  Yup!  It was really simple, but nice.  We went to Boston Pizza for supper, and then to look at some real estate :)  I'll have to post about that another day...


Photobucket

6 comments:

Kelly @ In Everything said...

COngrats on the anniversary!! This whole summer has been crazy for us too!! Each day is full and the weeks get busier and busier.... I'm actually looking forward to school starting and having a routine again:)

The sibling bickering... I really notice it more when they are bored and I"m not really paying attention to them. So I've tried to be "THERE" more and engaged with them. Like today... we GOT oUT of the house... nothing big... just the library, some errands! The other day we hoped on our bikes and WENT... they came back exhausted asking to sit on the couch to read books;) Works for me;)

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the summer.... it's going too quickly over here!

Kalle said...

Sounds like an awesome summer so far! happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Rowan and Bria. Best of luck with the realty - looking forward to more on that. ;)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Steph

Mrs. Stam said...

looks like busy fun fill time :-) Hoping that the surgery went well!

Mrs. Stam said...

Oh and Happy anniversary!!!

eva said...

Oohh...looking at real estate..sounds exciting! :)