Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Day 1: The Refrigerator!

So I've realized that with kids in the house, deep cleaning takes T.I.M.E.

Lots of time!

So I figure I will tackle one room at a time, starting with the kitchen.  One small task at a time, and it will get done.

Sometime during the day I decided to check out my copy of 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way, and it seems that this is exactly the approach that the book takes.  I very highly recommend it.  There is even an amazing Facebook community to encourage you on your way.

I believe that there is a new 31 day challenge started up here, so feel free to join.  Today is only day 4, so it shouldn't be too hard to catch up.

So what did I do today?  Well, I'm not quite through, but I needed to post this for motivation!  My task was cleaning out the fridge and freezer.  I have finished the fridge.

It now looks like this:

SO CLEAN!!!  I'm loving it.  I wish I would have taken a before picture.  It wasn't that dirty, but I love to reorganize things, so it was fun.  And I took apart every single piece to clean it thoroughly.

This is what my freezer looks like:


 
HELP!!  Any tips for freezer organization?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Get a deep freeze! :)

Mrs. Stam said...

Good work Stacey! Those pictures are a inspiration for me tonight, I should be cleaning my fringe, but instead I read this post :-)

A Christmas Miracle said...

You should check out iheartorganizing.com
She did an awesome job organizing her freezer

Kelly @ In Everything said...

I found a free standing wire rack for my freezer to make an extra shelf! I also have a plastic bin in my freezer for veggies... nice to have them in one space.

With our power out after the hurricane, I was able to clean out a lot! The fridge got wiped down but my freezer still needs attention!

Like the idea of ONE room at a time! hopefully isn't as overwhelming!

Niki said...

plastic containers. I just did my kitchen on my blog...freezer included. iheartorganizing.blogspot.com inspired me!

Larissa said...

More tupperware!

Micki said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Your fridge looks fantastic! I'm no help with the freezer. In fact, I'm refusing to clean any of my appliances until after we've moved out ;)