Monday, June 04, 2012

Enough to break the silence

I'm angry right now. Maybe that's a bad time to write, but this time I just need to say something. See that nice image to the left?  Did you know that my Province wants to take away my rights as a parent? Yup, that's right. I may no longer have any say in what classes my children are required to take in school. That includes, but is not limited to, sex ed. So, starting in Kindergarten, they want to slowly indoctrinate MY children to believe whatever they think is the truth about sex and sexual orientation. You'd better believe that it's not "save sex til marriage" or "marriage is between one man and one women". Nope, the complete opposite, in fact.

 This has me feeling like my only purpose in the eyes of my government is to have children that they can train in their own political agenda in order to make a society without moral absolutes. They can't have my children!

 We need to rise above this as parents! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with this, but for now, I sent a polite but urgent email to my MP. I will do the same to my MLA.

 If you don't believe my story, feel free to read this. Our freedoms as Christians are very quickly being taken away from us in this "FREE" country.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Drea said...

WOW!! id be furious 2. Move to GA!!! :)

Lindsey Dueck said...

That is awful. I never considered home schooling until now. I feel the same way about teaching evolution as fact too!

one of us said...

I still say you as a parent have every right to pull your child out of the sex ed class whenever you feel like it and you/child will not be penalized for doing so. Teachers have to teach the child the curriculum, but you still have the right to keep your child at home during that time. I also think if your child has a solid based teaching from home about proper Christian sexual health you should be ok. Just instill it into your child that what they teach in school about sex-ed is not what God teaches is ok, we as parents need to engrain that into our children's brains. If I were you, I would just go to your child's teacher when the time comes and be very firm and adamant with him/her that your child will not be learning the worldy standard of sex health, and I think most teachers at least in our area would respect that.

one of us said...

oops - that was me - Sheila

Eva said...

It's crazy. I was part of the Advisory Council in our local school 5 years ago when they introduced this new sex-ed material, but at the time each school was allowed to choose each year if they wanted to leave parts of it out. Now they are making it mandatory and not allowing parents to opt out.

Pennerfive said...

Your MP has no jurisdiction over provincially funded public schools.

This is fear mongering, plain and simple. Teaching basic sexual education is vital for ALL students in Manitoba's schools. MTS voted this way to ensure that all students will receive the basics and can then make informed and aware choices.

There is no need to fear any LGTBQ "agenda".
There simply isn't one.

Ryan and Carly said...

Oh gosh SO frustrating!!! Those rights should be yours. I hope the government wakes up and will not overstep this boundary. What a great protecting mama you are and such a inspiration for parenting well.

Stacey said...

Pennerfive... there most definitely is something going on with LGTBQ. Here's another article that I read yesterday... when the MTS is taking part as sponsors, as well as participating in the Pride Parade, well, you know there's something going on.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/discuss-homosexuality-abortion-and-masturbation-in-schools-manitobas-ndp-pa

Michelle said...

Growing up, I never imagined that I would homeschool. I was public schooled all the way through. But now with my own babies, and the garbage (like sex ed, marriage, etc.) that they're teaching, I don't see any other option (besides Christian school, which we can't afford). I just finished my 3rd year of homeschooling, and it has been a very good choice for my family. Good luck!

Pennerfive said...

I'm a Jesus follower. I love my kids. I want the very best for them. I'm also very encouraged to hear that the MTS sponsored and participated in Winnipeg's Pride parade. It doesn't threaten me. It doesn't worry me. It gives me hope to know that there is a large contingent of teachers who would support my kids and others who identify as LGBTQ.

Karla