Monday, September 24, 2012

Goodbye White!

One thing that we have wanted to change about our house since we bought it 8 years ago, was the siding!  We live in a very simple, 1120 square foot bungalow.  It used to be white with awful navy blue trim.  Icky.  And it was old wood siding that was painted, so it was starting to flake off.

Since we had been saving money for a big anniversary trip next year, and since said trip will now be postponed indefinitely due to baby #4, we decided to take our vacation savings and buy some new siding.  Earlier this year we replaced all the main floor windows and the garage door, so all the nasty navy trim was already gone.  That left us with a completely white house.  So boring!

I'm very happy with how things turned out.  Keith and my Dad worked really hard to make it happen.  My brother Dustin was also here to help a few times, as well as my Father-in-law.  They all did a fantastic job.

Here it is!





7 comments:

Carole Hiebert said...

It looks awesome!!! What a transformation! I had to do a double take when I was driving by last week....didn't recognize the house! Nicely done!!

annejisca said...

Beautiful!!! I love it!

Lindsey Dueck said...

LOVE it! Looks awesome!

Gina said...

Love the color, but I'm biased because it's the same color we have. Love!

Kelly B said...

I like the new colors;)

Kalle said...

Stacey, it looks awesome! I love the the new siding.

Larissa said...

It looks so cute! There is something really homey looking about a dark house with fresh white trim.