Monday, October 22, 2012

exciting news!

I have to admit I've been very preoccupied lately.  My mind is always going, trying to figure out our life.  What to do next, how I will make everything work, etc.

One of the biggest things occupying my mind lately is this:


It's our "new" house!  Keith and I are really excited that we finally found something that we both love.  We had both come to the point where we thought we would have to stay in our current home for a while.  With a new baby coming, we figured house hunting would have to be put on hold.  The only issue is that we knew we would have to do a bunch of renovations before the baby came, and that certainly wasn't high on our list of things we love to do!

A few weeks ago a friend of mine messaged me on Facebook saying that she knew of a house going up for sale that we might be interested in.  Keith and I were reluctant to look again, but we figured it couldn't hurt :) Well... we ended up making an offer a few days later, which they accepted.  How cool is that!  I love that the house is move in ready.  NO renos to be done!  Yay!

So now my mind is going crazy with everything that needs to be done before we move (March 4th).  We need to get our house ready to sell, sell it, and then pack up and move!  In the midst of all this, I am still preparing for baby, trying to find deals on good used baby items like clothing and a baby swing.  It's slightly overwhelming in my mind.

Some features of the house that I totally love:

*The original hardwood floors in most of the house
*The spacious kitchen with a pantry and a dishwasher
*The finished basement family room
*The huge main floor bathroom
*Main floor laundry
*2 large apple trees in the back yard

There is definitely more that I love about it.  When we move in March, I'll be sure to do a home tour for you!

15 comments:

Leanne said...

Stacey - what a beautiful home!! Can't wait to see more - Congrats!

Heather said...

I bet you are going to enjoy that dishwasher!

Gina said...

Congrats! How exciting. I thought of you when I saw that house go for sale.

Larissa said...

So exciting! Do you think it will feel different living in a two storey versus a bungalow?
I also love every point on your love list! Especially the apple trees and the pantry!

Stacey said...

Thanks everyone!

Larissa... I definitely think it will feel different living in a two story. We are looking forward to it!

Kalle said...

Congratulations Stacey! Yes lots to do but such an exciting time for you. So happy you found something you love!

Congrats again. Can't wait to see more pictures in March. :)

Candace said...

Looks like I house I would love too! :) Congratulations!

Kelly B said...

Oh it's soo cute!! And it sounds great!!

And I"m loving the finished garage in the back... we just finished our shed... it would have been nice to have a shed already here for us;)

Everything will work out;)Very excited for you all:)

Andrea said...

How exciting! :) So...now you have to fill me in on the details, kay? :) Where is it? I'm so excited for you & your family though - it looks like a great home! As for selling...realtor fees are INSANE...but if it's going to keep you from going insane I guess it is worth it! haha. :) Have you guys looked into Comfree.com though? That's what we sold our house with when we moved...and we loved it! I would totally recommend it....

Irina Klassen said...

So exciting Stacey, and so happy for you. I have always enjoyed living in a two story house. And yay for the dishwasher and the pantry and basically everything on the list.

Eva said...

Yay...so exciting!! It looks/sounds like a great house!

annejisca said...

That's awesome! So excited for you, Stacey!!!

Ryan and Carly said...

It's beautiful! What a fun space to grow and raise your family :)

Carole Hiebert said...

So excited for you and your family!!!! You're going to love it!!!

Lindsey Dueck said...

It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the inside!