Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Life Changing

I'm not really sure how to start this post, or what I should say.  This past Thursday we found out that Holland is profoundly deaf.  The diagnosis was a long time in coming and yet, hard to take.  I knew she was hard of hearing, but I really didn't think it was that bad.

I love Holland with a crazy, fierce, love.  I want to protect her and keep her safe.  I don't want her life to be a struggle.  I want, more than anything, to be able to tell her I love her and have her understand.  I want to be able to tell her about Jesus and how much He loves her.  She is almost 2 and has never heard a word.

I think of how she has such an amazing little personality, full of expression and a bit of a stubborn streak.  I know those things will serve her well.  She is going to live a great life.  I just hate that we have missed out on so much time.

I also think of what lies ahead.  All the appointments, therapy, possible surgery, tests, etc.  So much stress on such a little person. 

God is faithful.  He is gracious.  He gives strength.  He has a plan.  I just have to follow and trust.

3 comments:

S Club Mama said...

You're right. God is faithful and good! He loves your daughter more than you do (seems impossible, right?).

The one thing I've learned from answers is this: it doesn't change who they were yesterday but it gives you the power to make some amazing changes for them.

Brenda T. said...

Hi Stacey, it really was heartbreaking to learn of this news. Holland and all of you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.---Love Aunt Brenda

Kalle said...

I can't even imagine how life changing this will be. Prayers for you and your family.