Sunday, March 01, 2015

Audiogram and Putty Buddies

In case you have never seen an audiogram (I never had until recently) I figured I would show you what it looks like.  Basically, I don't understand a lot of it, but I can figure out the basics of the main graph in the middle of the page.  Hopefully we will continue to learn more as we continue this journey.


This morning we tried out the Putty Buddies when I gave Holland a bath.  I'm not 100% convinced that they worked as they should, but I'm willing to give them another try.  It was hard to tell if they really sealed over her ear or not.



They are basically very soft silicone that you can mold into whatever shape.  They are supposed to seal over the ear to keep water out.  I actually was able to just rip one in half and use a piece of it for each ear, since her ears are so tiny.

This week we go to see the audiologist "C" in Winnipeg.  They are going to repeat the hearing test just to make sure that the results show an accurate representation of Holland's hearing.  Though C was pretty sure that she got a very accurate result.  We shall see.

We also hope that her hearing aids will arrive this week.

Next week we will visit the cochlear implant clinic in Winnipeg to begin the process of testing and learning about implants.  If the hearing aids do not benefit her enough, this will have our foot in the door and the process started for implants.  We don't want to waste any time!

No comments: